Mount Hope Station was part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan at Mount Hope, Ontario during the Second World War.
In 1940 the Department of National Defence built a new airport for the RCAF at Mount Hope, located fifteen kilometres southwest of the city of Hamilton.
Three training schools were located there between 1940-1945;
- No. 10 Elementary Flying Training School from October 14, 1940 - August 31, 1942.
- No. 33 Air Navigation School from June 9, 1941- October 6, 1944.
- No. 1 Wireless from Sept 14, 1944 - October 31, 1945.
No. 10 EFTS was operated by Hamilton Flying Training School Ltd., a subsidiary of Hamilton Aero Club. On August 31, 1942 No. 10 EFTS moved to Pendleton until September 15, 1944.
By the end of the Second World War, the BCATP had turned out more than 130,000 trained airmen and personnel from Canada, Britain, New Zealand and Australia. The BCATP grew to almost 100 schools at 231 sites across Canada, and included 10,840 aircraft.
This collection features items pertaining to the training schools, trainers and trainees from Mount Hope to the theatres of war.